Tuesday, April 20, 2010

where do vegans get their protein???

I met with a personal trainer today.  The gym where I work out (in Marinette) gives 1 free session to get you set up with a program.  I already have the cardio covered with my training plan.... it was funny when he wanted to talk to me about nutrition (I guess by looking at my body he decided I didn't know what I needed to know... lol) and I told him I have that covered, that I'm a vegan and so then of course he wanted to talk about protein.  I mentioned that gorillas, elephants, giraffes, etc are all very large with a lot of muscle and get all their protein from plant sources... just like I do... lol.  He gave up trying to talk me into protein supplements...

Of course part of the whole session is naming my goals and motivation... as well as actually having to step on the scale....  ACK! The good news is I was almost to the pound accurate of what my weight is (and I haven't stepped on a scale in a lonnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggg time).... so I at least have a realistic viewpoint.... the bad news, though, is that I have been actively working out for weeks now and my eating plan has been incredible and yet I don't think I've dropped a pound.... I'm trying not to focus on this though, and keep the momentum going....  eye on the prize baby, eye on the prize.

I must admit, however, to a teeny bit of frustration... it's like once I've made the decision and commitment and am putting in the work I'd just like to see the results (overnight).... lol. 

The groundwork of all happiness is health. -Hunt 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind...?