Monday, April 19, 2010

Did I mention I can't swim (or run?) ???

And yet somehow I am not really concerned.  I feel like I have a good training plan in place (I'll be sharing it this week) and I continue to find out new information almost daily.  This past weekend I had lunch with a friend who is training for her 3rd or 4th tri.  She is generous enough to share her knowledge and tips for training, etc.  One of the things she highly recommended was finding like-minded people to train with... !

I called the local pool to check on pool memberships and spoke with the acquatic director... she happens to be training for her second tri and invited me to join the local tri club... and as we continued to talk about our training I mentioned that I also am not a runner.  She shared with me her ideas on a method called Chi Running.  As I continue to gather more info it intrigues me more and more.  So much so that I found a running group in the north shore and their coach is a certified Chi-Running instructor.  They are having a workshop on May 1st to teach the method and I am thinking of signing up.

So right now, I'm feeling like I'm in a very very good place....

The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start -john bingham

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind...?