Friday, April 16, 2010

Run/Walk

Yesterday was a rest day... I was surprised that I didn't feel sore.  At ALL!.... this from the girl whose knees sometimes hurt so much that I can barely make it up the stairs (although my glucosamine supplement definitely helps with that) and I know that giving away weight will be a tremendous help as well, but still... I HAVEN'T released all the weight I wish to yet and I RAN 3x this week. 

Ok... so you're wondering why I'm saying 'giving away' or 'release' instead of LOSING weight... well, I am very much a believer in visualization and putting things 'out there' in order to help make them your reality (this blog is another example of me manifesting my goals....it keeps things front and center... but I digress.  I read a very interesting article about the idea behind losing weight.  And the author (if I could remember who, I'd give proper credit) hypothesized that one of the reasons so many people gain back weight they have 'lost' is because we always look for 'lost' items.... think about it: we lose our keys, we search high and low to find them, we lose our wallets, a phone number, god forbid our cell phone, the list is endless and the point is, no matter what it is, if we have LOST something, we try to get it back.  Whereas if we 'give something away' or release it or donate it we have an agreement with ourselves that we no longer want that item... we don't try and find it and bring it back home again.  So... with weight release why wouldn't it be the same thing?  I know I'm over-simplifying this but it makes sense to me so I'm going with it. ; )

So yes, no sore knees or joints, no lower back niggling at me demanding that I stop.  I do have to temper my enthusiasm because I do not want to be sidelined by injury but I feel it.... I really do.... that this is IT!

I wonder where I will be in 3 mos time..... on race day.... I keep visualizing that everyday... how strong I will be .... how energized and alert I will feel.... how excited to be achieving a great goal and reclaiming my health and fitness.

This morning I took Bax to the lake and we did our training run together.  I warmed up with a brisk walk for 10 minutes, then I did the walk/run 1min:1min for the next 10 (so 5 sets) and then cooled with a 5 minute walk.  It feels like it isn't long enough (total time) but I'm doing my best to stick with the plan (I must admit to a bit of tweaking however, because it really only called for 20 minutes today and that just was not going to be enough and the warm up was supposed to be 5 minute walk, 4 min stretch for a total of 9 minutes.... lol.  I'm working between the two plans and am going to put it all together this weekend... I'll publish it next week to show you my plan and goals.

Next week is scary.  I will sign up at the local pool in Marinette and start the swim part of my training.  I'm also going to buy a beach token so I can take advantage of living near Lake Michigan and get some open water training time in.  Did I mention that I really don't know how to swim?

Don't worry about upgrading your equipment. Upgrade your body.  anonymous

1 comment:

  1. I think it's AWESOME you're doing this. Stick to your goal and you'll do great! SO excited for you!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind...?